Well everyone we're back from our 3 week trip to Orange County! As always Ellsie did great with everything we put the poor girl through... a plane flight at 4 weeks old, passed around every night to various visitors, trips to the mall(s), the beach, BBQ at the Johnsons, family portrait session, restaurants, parties and more parties, and some really awful karaoke.
Christine and I both enjoyed the time we got to spend with family and friends. Grammy and Pops were able to make it out for a long weekend and got to take Ellsie to the beach with us for the first time! Thank you both for coming out and we can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
Christine and I both enjoyed the time we got to spend with family and friends. Grammy and Pops were able to make it out for a long weekend and got to take Ellsie to the beach with us for the first time! Thank you both for coming out and we can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
I am very lucky to have in-laws like the Reyes's, they spoiled Ellsie like all grandparents should and babysat numerous times when Christine and I went off to LA, went out with friends, or just to give us some sleep. I know it's hard to be so far away (for both of us) but we appreciate the support and the love you show our daughter. Thank you!
The plane flights were very smooth although the way back was a little challenging. Between Christine and myself we had 10 pieces of luggage! It was like something out of a movie watching us get through the airport but we made it no problem. I think 2 of the suitcases were filled with clothes for Ellsie. Now we're back and attempting to get back to what I guess is now considered normal. We both wish we could have stayed longer but we had to get back to reality at some point right?
Of the 900 pictures (seriously) we took while we were gone I'll share a few and attempt to sum up some of what we did. If you "click" on the pictures then "right-click" you can save pictures to the hard drive.
Both tired from the travel
Christine, Ellsie, Ruben, and Carolyn drove up to Hesperia to visit family one afternoon. Christine's uncle David and his family were in town from Seattle and able to meet Ellsie. I wasn't able to join them but I know Christine had fun and I missed out on the usual good food.
Everybody put your hands up!
A few of Christine's cousins
Isn't she getting huge!!!!
The first weekend we were there grammy and pops drove over to see Ellsie - and if Christine and I happened to be around they would see us to. The first night they came over and had a huge dinner with the Reyes family - the Reyes family doesn't do it any other way. Saturday morning we met at Pacific Whey Bakery, our favorite breakfast place in Newport Coast. That afternoon I surfed and layed around at the beach with dad while the girls went to Christine's shower. My favorite part of the trip was taking Ellsie to the beach for the first time! She'll be in the water with her dad before you know it! The weather was perfect and it was great to relax at the condo and spend time with grammy and pops.
Enjoying the view while it lasts!
Salt Creek, CA
The mandatory beach family photo. Best thing about this picture...it was snowing in Colorado that day!
Only thing left to do after the beach - nap time!
I posted a blog earlier that has all the Easter pictures, there were too many so I decided to make a separate post. I included a couple more below...
Ellsie in her Easter morning PJ's!
Um, yeah... she's in a pot... sorry babe it's all about the photo op
Our really good friend Kevin Leman came down from LA and spent the day at the beach with us. We started with lunch at The Montage followed by dinner in Laguna with Jenni and Tim Johnson. Grandparents babysat Ellsie that night while we got to go hang out with friends. With this crew every night is an adventure!
Lunch at The Montage
On the bluff near the Montage
The famous Johnson family
The whole crew: Christine, Me, Kevin, Tim, and Jenni at El Ranchito in Laguna. Doesn't get any better than this!
Kennsington, Kevin's black Portuguese Water Dog (he got his before Obama made it trendy), finished off his dinner of mostly onions then sat in the planter behind us patiently until we were done. Great dog.
Our last weekend in OC the Johnson's threw a BBQ for a bunch of our friends. As always we had a great time. Ellsie came with us and slept through the Horse Tournament, BBQ, smores at the fire pit, and a very loud out-of-tune Karaoke session. Don't know how she does it but it's a good thing because this is just the beginning!
Uncle Tiege and Ellsie
Karaoke at the Johnson's. Ellsie slept through the whole thing!
Couple final photos:
Gma with Ellsie out by the pool
Gma giving Ellsie a bath in the sink. You can see her poor bellybutton from the hernia. Love the potbelly though!
It feels like we left for California 3 weeks ago with a 6 pound preemie and came home with a toddler. She's growing so fast, she should be up over 8 pounds by now - that's double her lowest weight of 4 pounds 4 ounces!! Despite an umbilical hernia that's given her a giant "outie", Ellsie is doing very well. The hernia keeps us a little worried but the doctor says it's common in preemies and should eventually go away. We should have a doctor appointment within the week to check up and get her weighed.
While we were in California we got a family portrait done. We haven't seen the shots yet but we're anxiously awaiting them. Our friend Tiffany Winder did a fantastic job on the photos despite very un-photogenic parents... well Christine blames most of that on me but she's not the one writing the blog!
Our girl is going to travel a bunch this summer. We'll be in Tucson May 8th - 11th to see the Bury side of the family so mark your calendars. Ellsie's gotta meet her cousins before she gets too much bigger! Abbie is going to love having a little girl to take care of and Silas promised to keep working out so he can defend his cousin! Silas you better show me those muscles when I see you.
Then in July Christine and Ellsie will head to San Fransisco for Natalie Cassias's wedding. Ellsie is going to be the flower girl, I wish I could go but I know they'll take a ton of pictures. A couple more months and she'll be at the lake with us but don't worry we won't put her on a wakeboard til she can walk. We got this girl on the move!
I will keep updating our blog so you guys can watch her grow. She's already holding her head up and becoming very alert. As you can tell from the pictures she has the brightest and most warming eyes. We're having a blast watching her change daily, I feel like everyday I come home from work something new happened. Slow down girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment