Sunday, August 01, 2010

Endless Summer- Part 2

So I know my blogging has been a little out of control this summer but we have just been doing SO MUCH! That plus the fact that my work load has seriously decreased, leaving me with a little more time on my hands. I am just going to enjoy it while I can:) Ellsie is also at the age where she does something new DAILY! I LOVE having a toddler because everything is just a little funnier:) She can be throwing a fit or laughing or eating and it is so entertaining. She has so many different expressions and makes so many different noises... we just have so much fun (well, I guess I should say MOST days). 
Ellsie, like most kids I'm sure, gets obsessed over one object for a while. It could be a toy, straw, blanket, shoes, etc. It changes frequently. RIght now she is on an UGG kick..I know perfect timing, right in the middle of summer. She likes to carry them around, makes me put them on and off, bla bla bla:) Well today Ellsie has her UGGS on and we are playing in her room before nap time. She has them on while we play and throughout reading a few books and then it was time to nap so I took her uggs off, I didn't think sleeping with Uggs on in the middle summer was appropriate so when she got upset I let her cry:) I put E in her crib and she is crying standing up in her crib signing "please, please , please!" Meaning she wanted me to put her uggs back on her. I felt so bad but couldn't help but to laugh at her.  Anyways, she is a very determined little girl and it is always fun to see what she'll do next.


Disneyland
It is every parents dream to take their kid to DISNEYLAND and watch them explore the Magic Kingdom! We were going to wait until Ellsie was a little older but we had a great opportunity to go this summer. It was such a great day and we can't wait to do it again. Ellsie had a lot of fun but had a hard time knowing where to focus her attention. Everywhere she looked there was something exciting:) Here is a little video I put together. It is the 1st video I have made so it is a little rocky:) Enjoy! 


 

4th of July Weekend

As to be expected we had GREAT weather over the 4th. It was perfect for BBQ's, pool parties, parades, and fireworks! Below are pictures of all the grand and great grand kids participating in the parade at my grandma's senior community. They do a parade every year but this was Ellsie's first appearance:) My Aunt Kathi decorated Ellsie's wagon and I tied cans to the back . They are led by decorated golf cart blasting patriotic music:) My mom pulled Ellsie in the wagon and Chris raced ahead of us to get pictures. 






My parent's had a BBQ at their house where we ate all traditional "4th" food... BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, potato salad, and a flag cake for dessert! Ellsie was all decked out in pool gear! She had goggles and floaties on but her favorite part is when Chris puts her up in the air and then drops her in the water. I'm not really surprised because this kid likes anything dangerous! 





Unfortunately Ellsie did not stay up for fireworks this year (maybe next year). So Chris and I drove to the Back Bay where they do the most amazing firework show. It was GREAT! There are a ton of boats out on the water and we sat high up on the bluff (with like a billion other people) and watched the show. I just LOVE fireworks so it was the perfect way to end the day.


Tanaka Farms: Strawberry Picking
Since the 4th fell on a Sunday, Chris was lucky to get Monday off as well. In the morning he enjoyed what he called some of the BEST surf ever (for him). Then we headed to Tanaka Farms with the McKee family. Tanaka Farms in an entirely organic farm where you can purchase produce and take different tours depending on the season. We were luck enough to catch the end of STRAWBERRY PICKING season! The property is beautiful and it turned out to be such a fun afternoon. 





There is about 30 acres of land and half of the land is devoted to strawberries. They also have a variety of vegetables and other fruits right now and in the fall the place turns into a pumpkin patch:) To get to the fields they load you up in big wagons pulled by a tractor. Along the way you stop off and get to taste different things. Pictured is Ellsie eating a tomato and we also got to eat raw corn. I couldn't believe they just picked the corn right in front of us and then served it. And it was actually GOOD!

Because Tanaka Farms is an organic farm, no pesticides or hormones are used to grow their crops. Which means other than some dirt the produce is completely safe to eat right after being picked. While you are picking strawberries they have no problem with you eating them as you pick some for yourself. Right away Ellsie LIKED this:) The picture below is Ellsie's first bite into a strawberry. She is nice and clean but that doesn't last long. Not too sure why I put her in WHITE!




As you can see Ellsie had her FILL of strawberries. She would pick them and we let her eat as many as she wanted. I'm not gonna lie we almost had a strawberry melt down towards the end. On the way home, Ellsie was in some kind of strawberry stuffed trance. She was so full she just slouched in the car seat with her leg dangling over the side and a blank stare on her face. It was HILARIOUS! I guess you could say she got her daily dose of vitamin C and fiber easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment