A Bury Vacation- Del Mar Beach
In July we Bury’s all met up in San Diego for a week long vacation. We had so much fun and filled our week with the beach, the San Deigo Zoo, walks, a trampoline, and lots of FOOD! We stayed in an incredible house that had a yard perfect for 6 kids to run around in. It was so fun to see Ellsie with all her cousins. She tried to steal airplanes from the boys, took Jewels sippy cup over and over again and was carefully taken care of by her older cousin Abby. It was good for her to be around other kids and learn a few things about sharing:) Chris and I are continuously thankful for not just 1 great family but 2 great families. We have been so blessed by the time spent on these family vacations. Most of the Bury clan lives in a different state so the time we get with each other is so wonderful. I have beautiful sister-in laws, smart and charming nieces and nephews, and VERY loving in-laws!
The Beach
The weather at the beginning of the week was great so of course we spent those days at the beach. Ellsie being the little dare devil that she is wasted NO time heading straight for the water. No matter how deep we took her she wanted go even further. Ellsie has 3 older boy cousins and I think she taught them a thing or 2 about how to dive right in:) One day we decided to put Ellsie on the boogie board. She wasn't scared but she didn't really know what to make of it. However, Brandon seemed to like it a lot. The kids ran up and down the shore line from the "waves" for hours and had so much fun playing in the sand.
San Diego Zoo
We were lucky enough to have a cooler day when we ventured off to the Zoo. The older kids headed to the zoo in the morning and the babies (Ellsie and Jewel) met up after first naps. I always knew the San Deigo Zoo was big but big takes on a whole new meaning when you are carting around a baby in your belly and trying to keep 13 people together. We got to see the Pandas, a few different bears, flamingos, so many other animals too and we rode on the sky tram which had amazing views of the entire zoo:)
A Bury Photo Session
My girlfriend Courtney came down and took some family photos for us. It was so great! She got some great pics of the entire family and then some of our individual families. The hard part was keeping the kids out of the water long enough to take a few pictures:) Ellsie just about died! She saw the water and wanted nothing to do with POSING! She charged it right away and by the time we left her dress was drenched.
Chris' brother and his family were able to stay a few extra days after we left Del Mar. They live in Portland and we do not get to spend too much time with them so it was so nice to have a little extra time. They have 2 kids, Silas (age 3) and Jewel (almost 1). We mostly hung out at my parents pool and had a full day at the beach. One night we had a bon fire and ate hot dogs and SMORES! Sommer and I share a mutual LOVE for fire pits and smores, so we particularly loved that evening.
Ellsie and Jewel
Ellsie and Jewel are 6 months apart. Jewel is just the sweetest baby you ever did meet. She is very easy going and rarely fusses. She has her mothers photogenic gene and always gives the camera a smile:) Ellsie on the other hand is a little more feisty and is just into everything. Ellsie sees a camera and runs the other direction. Even at their young ages I can see their different personalities. Even so it was amazing to see the attachment Ellsie took on for Jewel after being with her for 10 days. At first Ellsie was taking things from her and grabbing her clothes to try and pull her along. We worked on how to touch a baby and to be gentle. The last few days we were together Ellsie would wake up from her nap and pull me into Jewels room and she would go up to her and pat her on the back. The day they left, Ellsie woke up from her nap and pointed to Jewels room and started crying when she couldn't find her. Jewel also learned a few things from her big cousin Ellsie... "Uh Oh." Ellsie is only saying a few words and "Uh Oh" is her main one:) By the end of the week I couldn't believe my ears JEWEL WAS SAYING "UH OH." It seemed like the babies grew up so much just by spending time with their older cousins!!!
CR's Baby Shower
The last weekend in July, my sister and cousin in law (Grace and Kellie) gave me a fabulous baby shower! It was so adorable. They planned an owl theme shower, where we had a taco bar and make your own ice cream sundae's! So much has been going on during this pregnancy that this little guy lost a lot of my attention. I was very focused on the move and now on finding a home for us. So much of experiencing your pregnancy is the preparation and due to our situation, no preparation has been going on. It was so nice to be surrounded by friends and family to celebrate this new little life. All the clothes and toys and books really got me excited! I am now in the home stretch and I am so anxious for him to be here!
I just can't get over these AMAZING cookies. A family friend as her own business and she free-handed each cookie! They were also very YUMMY:)
A pic with my cousins in front of the owl tree
I was so happy that Natalie just happened to be home the same weekend as the shower. It was such a treat:)
These 3 were probably cheating at this point to win baby boggle:)
My cousin Kayla winning the dirty diaper game
So many cute clothes!
Our son's life would not be complete without Kobe Bryant jammies. Too bad he wont be wearing them for another 4 years:)
The wonderful host's of the party, Kellie and Grace:) Love you guy's!!!!
A Family Update:
Well, we have officially been in California for almost 4 months now! We thought we would be in our own place by now but alas, no such luck:( We are currently going through the process of buying a short sale in Laguna Niguel. I have been told not to get my hopes up as short sales frequently don't work out. However, if it does we are really excited about the place! So please keep us in your prayers as we are anxious to be in our own home. Since returning to California, Chris has actually traveled a lot less. So much of his travel this past year was to California and yes, this makes me very happy:) I have a few more weeks to go until our newest addition arrives and it is as they say, the last month is the WORST! But overall I feel really good. It has been so nice having my parents help with Ellsie while I am pregnant. The further I go, the less "fun" I am so it great having so many playmates for Ellsie:) Hopefully next time you hear from me I will be blogging about our little guy. Until then, keep us in your prayers...we need a house and a safe delivery:)
CR's Baby Shower
The last weekend in July, my sister and cousin in law (Grace and Kellie) gave me a fabulous baby shower! It was so adorable. They planned an owl theme shower, where we had a taco bar and make your own ice cream sundae's! So much has been going on during this pregnancy that this little guy lost a lot of my attention. I was very focused on the move and now on finding a home for us. So much of experiencing your pregnancy is the preparation and due to our situation, no preparation has been going on. It was so nice to be surrounded by friends and family to celebrate this new little life. All the clothes and toys and books really got me excited! I am now in the home stretch and I am so anxious for him to be here!
I just can't get over these AMAZING cookies. A family friend as her own business and she free-handed each cookie! They were also very YUMMY:)
A pic with my cousins in front of the owl tree
I was so happy that Natalie just happened to be home the same weekend as the shower. It was such a treat:)
These 3 were probably cheating at this point to win baby boggle:)
My cousin Kayla winning the dirty diaper game
So many cute clothes!
Our son's life would not be complete without Kobe Bryant jammies. Too bad he wont be wearing them for another 4 years:)
The wonderful host's of the party, Kellie and Grace:) Love you guy's!!!!
A Family Update:
Well, we have officially been in California for almost 4 months now! We thought we would be in our own place by now but alas, no such luck:( We are currently going through the process of buying a short sale in Laguna Niguel. I have been told not to get my hopes up as short sales frequently don't work out. However, if it does we are really excited about the place! So please keep us in your prayers as we are anxious to be in our own home. Since returning to California, Chris has actually traveled a lot less. So much of his travel this past year was to California and yes, this makes me very happy:) I have a few more weeks to go until our newest addition arrives and it is as they say, the last month is the WORST! But overall I feel really good. It has been so nice having my parents help with Ellsie while I am pregnant. The further I go, the less "fun" I am so it great having so many playmates for Ellsie:) Hopefully next time you hear from me I will be blogging about our little guy. Until then, keep us in your prayers...we need a house and a safe delivery:)








No comments:
Post a Comment